A City Tech OpenLab Course Site

“Research Starts with a Thesis Statement”

As a kid, I always enjoyed taking apart my toys to see how they function and why are they capable of doing what they did. Sadly I never figured how to put them back together so I just collected the parts. Deep down I knew that I would find the answers to those questions eventually, I knew I would come back to them someday and reassemble them or perhaps make new things out of them. As I grew older I started losing interest in engineering, I realized that I started developing new interests and that is when I started thinking of other hobbies and careers. I began gravitating towards law and by the end of middle school, I was almost certain that I wanted to be a lawyer. When I got to high school I looked for after-school programs that I can use to learn more about law, that is until I came across an engineering program that uncovered a hidden memory so I decided to do that and it helped that two of my friends were also interested. In this program, I was able to get a sense of all the different types of engineering, however, I was really interested in the mechanical engineering field as it was the most versatile and I see myself enjoying it the most. Immediately I fell back in love with engineering and wanted to learn more and more about it, but I also did not want to give up on the idea of being a lawyer just yet. Luckily my school offered us internships which I used to go to a law firm, while I did enjoy working there and it was not the same, so I decided to stick with engineering. I will keep researching and learning new things about engineering as it continues to develop and grow every day, and I hope I can be as useful to our society as a lawyer might be.

1. Hamood Almashraqi

I love how you went back to your roots and decided to go back into engineering, As a kid I also did the same as you did and also couldn’t manage to figure out how to put the toys or gadgets I broke apart back together. You can always be a lawyer and be a part time engineer if you still really like law things. I believe that you can make things work in your favor all you need is a drive and some caffeine and you’ll be set. engineering is super useful for our everyday lives as well, its responsible for all our innovations and inventions and stuff.