Join us for the CUNY Wide CREAR Futuros Fall Kick-Off Party at Morgan Stanley
This Thursday September 21st from 2:00-5:30 pm. Metrocards will be provided for official metnees. Refreshments, Giveaways, Professional Networking and more…..
RSVP with your mentor or if you haven’t signed up with Crear Futuros City Tech yet email us at email@example.com Bring a Friend.
A mentor will get in touch with you about a meet-up spot!
Flyer with more information below.
CREAR Kickoff Flyer (9.21.17) (1)
The Trump administration has decided to end DACA. Here is what you need to know:
1) If your DACA expires on/before March 5, 2018, you’ve till October 5, 2017 to file a renewal and get two more years.
2) For those whose DACA expire later than March 5, 2018, they are no longer eligible to file for renewals. Those permits will expire as stated on the work permit.
3) No new initial applications will be processed if it hasn’t been filed already, as of today.
4) No new advance parole requests will be granted. Pending applications will be denied, and money refunded.
Esto es lo que necesitan saber sobre el anuncio de DACA:
1. Si su DACA expira el, o antes del, 5 de Marzo del 2018, tienen hasta el 5 de Octubre del 2017 para renovar.
2. Si su DACA expira después del 5 de Marzo del 2018, no es elegible para renovar.
3. Aplicaciones nuevas no vas a ser aceptadas a menos que ya hayan sido enviadas.
4. Ya no se va a dar el permiso de viaje conocido como advanced parole. Las aplicaciones pendientes vas a ser negadas y el dinero regresado.
Translation by Claudia Muñoz
법무 장관 세션의 대사말고 이것만 알고계세요:
1) DACA가 2018년 3월 5일 또는 그 이전에 만료되는 경우 2017년 10월 5일까지 갱신 신청을하고 2 년간 연기를 받을 수 있습니다
2) DACA의 유효 기간이 2018년 3월 5일 이후 인 사용자는 더 이상 갱신 신청을 할 수 없습니다.
3) 오늘부터 이미 신청하지 않았다면 새로운 초기 신청서는 처리되지 않습니다.
4) 새로운 가석방 요청은 허용되지 않습니다. 보류중인 신청서는 거부되며 환불됩니다.
Translation by Yeon Woo Kim
Be an activist! Be an advocate! Be an ally! Build your skill set! Become a City Tech Campus Volunteer Immigration Know Your Rights Trainer!
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer Immigration Know Your Rights Trainer on campus, the CUNY-wide sanctuary campus committee has organized an Immigration Know Your Rights Train the Trainer Workshop f
or May 12th at 10am
to take place at PSC Union Hall (61 Broadway, 16th floor). You can let us know if you are interested in attending at http://psc-cuny.org/know-your-rights
Open to students, faculty, and staff!
FUERZAfest Latino LGBTQ + Latino Festival
Wednesday, May 10 – Sunday, May 21
, the first and only LGBTQ Latino Arts Festival in the Northeast. Under the theme “Breaking Down Walls,” this unprecedented 12-day community event is bringing LGBTQ issues to center stage. FUERZAfest
will be held May 10th through May 21st at the Julia De Burgos Latino Cultural Center, located on 1680 Lexington Avenue, in El Barrio, NYC.
For more information, visit the FUERZAfest website. Let us know if you are interested in attending this event @firstname.lastname@example.org
City Tech CREAR Futuros is hiring! If you are interested in becoming a Mentor for the 2017-2018 academic year, email Prof. Diaz for more information email@example.com and apply now!
Click Here For Application ——>CREARFuturosApplication2017
Have questions or concerns about your Immigration status? Know someone who does? Want to understand more about immigration rights? Want to be an ally? Join us for an Immigration: Know Your Rights Forum on April 25th @12:45 in Room N119. Help us spread the word too!
City Tech CREAR Futuros is hiring! If you are interested in becoming a Mentor for the 2017-2018 academic year, email Prof. Diaz for an application at firstname.lastname@example.org and apply now!
Click Here For Application —->CREARFuturosApplication2017
Our partners at Aetna would like to offer CREAR Futuros mentors summer internship opportunities! These are exclusive development programs that can provide you with exposure to general management and underwriting skills.
These are out-of-state paid opportunities. Aetna will cover summer housing costs.
See below for more information and please let us know as soon as possible if this is something you’re interested in!
Summer Internships with Aetna
General Management Internship Program
Our General Management Internship Program will provide you with exposure to one of the following business lines: Government Services, Specialty Business or Commercial Business through project management, consulting, product development or account management. We are seeking business or management majors. For more information, please click the link to review the job description: 2017 Summer Internship – Aetna Institutional Business
Underwriting Internship Program
Our Underwriting Internship Program will provide you with exposure to various underwriting functions including: data analysis, reporting and rating functions. You will also gain exposure working on cross-functional teams. We are seeking students that have strong math aptitude. For more information, please click the link to review the job description: Underwriting Internship Program