City Tech Crear Futuros Team
City Tech Crear Futuros Team
Hello CREAR Futuros NYC Mentors,
Happy Friday! I hope you’re all doing well and surviving midterms week! I’m reaching out because the Latina Philanthropy Council – a group of Latina philanthropic leaders affiliated with HF – is interested in granting two-$1,000 scholarships to CREAR Futuros Leaders. They are specifically looking to support emerging female leaders, both mentors, and mentees.
Enclosed is the application that requires students to submit the following:
I encourage all CREAR NYC female mentors to apply and encourage your female mentees to do the same. Sorry gentleman, while this scholarship opportunity isn’t for you, please be sure to share with your female mentees. All applicants should submit complete application packets no later than Friday, November 3rd by 5 pm. If chosen, you will be expected to attend the scholarship ceremony scheduled for Monday, November 27th in NYC.
Thank you and have a wonderful weekend!
This Thursday September 21st from 2:00-5:30 pm. Metrocards will be provided for official metnees. Refreshments, Giveaways, Professional Networking and more…..
RSVP with your mentor or if you haven’t signed up with Crear Futuros City Tech yet email us at email@example.com Bring a Friend.
A mentor will get in touch with you about a meet-up spot!
Flyer with more information below.
The Trump administration has decided to end DACA. Here is what you need to know:
1) If your DACA expires on/before March 5, 2018, you’ve till October 5, 2017 to file a renewal and get two more years.
2) For those whose DACA expire later than March 5, 2018, they are no longer eligible to file for renewals. Those permits will expire as stated on the work permit.
3) No new initial applications will be processed if it hasn’t been filed already, as of today.
4) No new advance parole requests will be granted. Pending applications will be denied, and money refunded.
Esto es lo que necesitan saber sobre el anuncio de DACA:
1. Si su DACA expira el, o antes del, 5 de Marzo del 2018, tienen hasta el 5 de Octubre del 2017 para renovar.
2. Si su DACA expira después del 5 de Marzo del 2018, no es elegible para renovar.
3. Aplicaciones nuevas no vas a ser aceptadas a menos que ya hayan sido enviadas.
4. Ya no se va a dar el permiso de viaje conocido como advanced parole. Las aplicaciones pendientes vas a ser negadas y el dinero regresado.
Translation by Claudia Muñoz
법무 장관 세션의 대사말고 이것만 알고계세요:
1) DACA가 2018년 3월 5일 또는 그 이전에 만료되는 경우 2017년 10월 5일까지 갱신 신청을하고 2 년간 연기를 받을 수 있습니다
2) DACA의 유효 기간이 2018년 3월 5일 이후 인 사용자는 더 이상 갱신 신청을 할 수 없습니다.
3) 오늘부터 이미 신청하지 않았다면 새로운 초기 신청서는 처리되지 않습니다.
4) 새로운 가석방 요청은 허용되지 않습니다. 보류중인 신청서는 거부되며 환불됩니다.
Translation by Yeon Woo Kim
Join us TODAY at 5PM for the March to #DefendDACA at Columbus Circle.
If you can’t make it, watch the livestream here after 5PM and share it on social media! President Trump and his allies need to hear our message loud and clear: Immigrants are #HereToStay
Spread the word on social media. Sample posts:
“President Trump has spent his first seven months in office trying to turn his anti-immigrant rhetoricinto reality through a series of shameful executive actions. His latest threat to revoke DACA, however, would be the President’s most immoral and mean-spirited proposal to date. The ending of DACA in any form would shatter the dreams of 800,000 amazing youth across the U.S. It is hard to imagine how any leader in our nation would ever consider taking such an action, but President Trump’s record in office is such that we have to dread the unthinkable. Today we march and reaffirm our solidarity with our DACA youth and their families, and we pledge to do everything within our power to stop the enactment of this cruel policy change. On the streets and in the halls of Congress, Hispanic Federation and its network of 100 Latino grassroots organizations will not stop until all of our nation’s deserving immigrants are granted a viable path to residency and citizenship.”
Jose Calderon, President, Hispanic Federation.
For more information, visit the FUERZAfest website. Let us know if you are interested in attending this event @firstname.lastname@example.org
City Tech CREAR Futuros is hiring! If you are interested in becoming a Mentor for the 2017-2018 academic year, email Prof. Diaz for more information email@example.com and apply now!
Click Here For Application ——>CREARFuturosApplication2017
CAREER DEVELOPMENT EXPO
Thursday, May 11, 2017
LaGuardia Community College E-Building Atrium
(Enter at 30-10 Thomson Avenue, Long Island City, NY 11101)