Robert Capa’s Death of a Loyalist Soldier

Robert Capa’s death of a loyalist soldier was a very big controversy in 1936 if it was a stage photo or was a soldier that got killed during the battled. According to the Richard Whelan’s discussion of Capa photo I think that the Robert Capa photo was stage because in the reading Richard Whelan talk about that they were talking a picture like that they are in the battle field and they were told to stand in certain position. At the same time the bullet came and hit him on the head killing Robert Cana. I think that It was a stage photo until Robert got short. Robert Capa wanted to take a picture because he never had got a picture taken of him during war. After reading the article I’m convinced that the picture of Robert Capa was not stage and in the picture, its shows the left thigh. “the man muscles have gone limp and that he is already dead” According to the reading it also talks about that it’s impossible for any person to “fall by flexing his hand strongly backward.”  This was the first picture of a soldier dying while taking a picture. I think that authenticity does not matters because it was a big this that had happened and people don’t have too much to talk about photo authenticity at that time.

This entry was posted in #studentHW. Bookmark the permalink.