Vladislav Tregubov HW #4: Robert Frank’s America

For me, Robert Frank is an ordinary average and bleak photographer. His works remind me many modern people who photographed everything in a row in the hope that something good will turn out. For example, Henry Cartier-Bresson much more interesting and fascinating for me as an artist. Obvious Frank has some excellent photographs, but I think they are not related to politics. Other people, who was interested in this, created all political overtones. Even Malevich’s Black Square has many interpretations, and I always curious, how people can see in an absolutely black canvas and to interpret it differently.

I think this exhibition will be popular but for another reason. Those pictures has historical values. People are interested to look at their recent past history and many viewers still remember these times. I have lived here not so long, so I do not have such emotional connection with these pictures, but as an similar example, I like viewing the old photos of Moscow city, were I was born and knows many streets, buildings, etc., even if they are not so good quality as it can be.

Robert Frank pictures are a good illustration of previous live. For some people it was successful and prosperous, for some people – poor and tragic, but it was their live and many of them want to call to mind how it was in recent past.

This entry was posted in #studentHW and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.