Instruction Manual Analysis

I examined two different instruction manuals, the first one was building toy pieces for a truck manual, and the other one was cooking instruction on how to cook pasta. The toy manual had a very detailed images and numbers about the parts being used. It was also very colorful and clear. I feel that this kind of manuals are appropriate for the kids which they are the targeted audience in this case, because many kids at certain ages cannot read, so visual instruction will be easier for them to follow. The how to cook pasta manual had more writing and more specific instruction on measuring ingredients, but it also had a very nice and interesting pictures. I feel that the manual is appropriate for the targeted audience which
are adults and I believe that having specific instruction and measurement is important in this case to achieve the same taste. At the end I feel that both manuals did what its set out to do, however, I feel that the toy manual could add a written section or a brief description for the audience who need more written detailed instruction.

1. Jacquelyn Blain

Good comments. I agree with you that a short written set of instructions are often a good addition for adults — kids will probably figure things out on their own, but adults need words! 🙂 Of course, a short additional description helps everybody, I think.