December 5, 2014
Attendees: Jason Choy, Ray Chen, Vincent Cornelio
Meeting called to order at 4:00 PM by Jason Choy
I. Discuss our finalized game
- The group watched two videos showing the final level of the game, one for each ending.
- Ray asked for clarification about the event that happens at the very end of the game, wondering if it makes sense.
- Jason elaborated on said event and Ray now agrees with its inclusion into the game.
II. Discuss the survey
- While discussing the survey, Jason thought of two new questions and modifying an existing one, which he promptly did.
- Vincent said he will begin distributing the survey, along with the manual and game, this weekend.
- Jason will also begin distribution starting this weekend.
III. Final write-up
- The group created a basic layout for the final write-up, which everyone agreed on. The layout is comprised of an introduction to start the paper, which will include the thesis, before going on to describe the game and the manual in detail. This part of the paper is expected to be roughly 4 pages long. The next session is dedicated to background information, summarizing all of our sources and describing how they helped our project. This is expected to be 3-4 pages long. Then we will discuss the results of the survey and what they mean to us, which is expected to be 2-3 pages long. Then we’ll conclude our findings and end the paper, which should require 1-2 pages.
- All group members started brainstorming thesis statements for the paper, throwing around ideas. In the end we decided on a thesis that will focus primarily on how video games can be intellectual as a storytelling medium, how they can help thinking, and how our game is an example of these things.
- All group members were reading the “Final Project Write-up” page on OpenLab while discussing this topic. Jason suggests everyone should first write annotations for all of our newer sources (ones that we don’t have in our annotated bibliography), and then send him these sources and annotations. He will then put together a revised annotated bibliography.
- The group discussed how to approach the appendix, looking up examples online. The group will collaboratively make the appendix after writing the paper.
- The group agreed that every member will write about their sources; summarizing them and describing how they helped our project. These will all be integrated into our final write-up.
- While the group writes about their sources, Jason will make the cover page and begin the Works Cited page.
Meeting adjourned at 5:00 PM
Minutes respectfully compiled and submitted by Jason Choy.