to Spring 2022

Various Artists, Monument Now Exhibit in Socrates Sculpture Park Queen

Dear Students,

Greetings, and welcome to COMD 1112, OL 08, Digital Media Foundations at City Tech. I am your professor; Thelma Bauer and I look forward to working with you this semester.

,As the Spring 2022 semester begins on Monday, January 31st, I wanted to let you know some important information about our online course. It’s a synchronous class. Our class meets every Monday at 6:00 pm – 9:20 pm, via Zoom. Know that I am available to help support your work in this course, through weekly office hours, or Student Hours on Zoom, phone or appointments, and email.

We will use Zoom

Join Zoom Meeting 

Thelma Bauer is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: My Meeting

Time: January 31, 20222, 06:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Every week on Monday, until May 23, 2022, 15 occurrence)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88051014829?pwd=N1JEcnQ0SlJxUkhZMHJ0TjlrblhxZz09

Meeting ID: 880 5101 4829

Passcode: 063762

One tap mobile

+16465588656,,88051014829#,,,,*063762# US (New York)

My Office Hour (Student Hour-Drop in Time) Zoom on Wednesday from 5:30-6:00 pm just before class and after class from 9:20:9:55 pm for Spring 2022

Meeting dates are on the Syllabus.

Prerequisite: Blackboard Fundamentals or basic knowledge of Blackboard, as well as a City Tech email account. The City Tech email account will be one of the means of contact within the class. The Blackboard course management system will be used for all fully online courses at the college. We will have our Blackboard Class connected to OpenLab.

You will log in to Blackboard the same way you log in to CunyFirst. Same user name and password.

If you have problems getting onto Blackboard, please email me.

I will be sending the Syllabus to you, but I am still working on it and I am also working on Blackboard so if I make it available please know that information will change. We also have a whole new platform in OpenLab, so we will look at that on the 1st day. Both Blackboard and OpenLab will support each other it will have much of the same information.

During the weeks that follow I will send you an Icebreaker activity. Look for it in your email.

I look forward to meeting all of you on the first Tuesday of the semester. Please let me know if you have any questions. tbauer@citytech.cuny.eduof thelmabauer141@gmail.com

Best,

Professor Bauer

Each week, we will be discussing key aspects of the communication design industry. During our first class together we will meet on Zoom, we will review together some examples of different areas of visual communications. We will also review the policies of this course and the department, the syllabus, this open lab site, as well as our blackboard classroom site.

I’ll be asking you to introduce yourself to your classmates and tell me a bit about your background and how you came to be here at CityTech. I’ll also return the favor and provide you some information about my background. Please do not hesitate to email me with any questions after our class. I can be reached via email at tbauer@citytech.cuny.edu and my office hours are posted above.

if anyone has trouble with their campus email, please visit http://cis.citytech.cuny.edu/Student/it_student_email.aspx

Please take some time to explore this OpenLab course site. Use the top menu bar to explore the course information, activities, and help. Scroll through the sidebar to find additional information about the materials shared here.

Join this Course

Login to your OpenLab account to join this course. Follow these instructions if you need help joining this course.

If you’re new to the OpenLab, follow these instructions to create an account and then join the course.

Remember that your username and display name can be pseudonyms, rather than your real name. Your avatar does not need to be a picture of your face–just something that identifies you on the OpenLab.

Questions

If you have any questions, please reach out via email or in Office Hours.

If you need help using the OpenLab, you can consult OpenLab Help or contact the OpenLab Community Team.