Food and Coffee in the Civil War

Soldiers are the hero in everybody’s mind because they had gone through the hardship of battle and devoted their whole life to bring the freedom to the people and country. After I read the article, I found the fascinating about the hardtack which are made by flour, salt and water. It can be kept for a long time and it also provided the energy to the soldiers for days. sometimes, I throw away food which I don’t like. By comparing the food soldiers ate during war, I realized that I should cherish the food and don’t waste them anymore. I also found another fascinating that coffee was the important support for soldier during the war. Coffee contain a chemical matter “caffeine” that help and decrease soldiers who suffer in the pain from the war. Therefore, I think that coffee and hardtack are significant things for soldiers live during the battle because they can’t live without them. It is similar that I can’t live without the fruits because it provides the energy and vitamin for me in the day.

This entry was posted in #studentHW. Bookmark the permalink.