Professor Montgomery | OL44 | Spring 2021

Reflect on Weekly Time for Note-taking Work

Please reply to this post with a reflection on your weekly habits and study techniques when you are reading the textbook and taking notes and sketching for this class.

1. Johnathon Abrego

I need to sketch more for my notes and not just copy everything down.

2. Abigail

I feel kind of overwhelmed with assignments within the week.I feel like the notes taken this week was much better than previous but I can improve on it and put more information .

3. Abigail

4. Luka Vardoshvili

I believe my note taking is good, but there is always place for an improvement. I think i should use more graphs in my notes so it will make information that i wrote down clear.

5. Jacob Cadavid

I think I can really improve on my note-taking because I don’t put much effort into the organization of it. It is better to be able to look back at my notes and be able to understand them clearly, so concept mapping could be a good strategy of note-taking I could include in my notes to improve them.

6. Derek N.

I think I’m doing decent but I don’t have the best of free time to get my assignments done.

7. Kiaralisis De La Rosa

The way I take notes is I eye sight my highlighting then write a short ways of what I think is important. Then after I read I go over my notes again which counts as rereading and also highlight keywords of the chapter I’m reading . I rarely sketch but when I do I practice a lot of shadings and basics to get my hand sketching better.

8. Derrick Seegars

I think note-taking is very important to helping me understand the material. I would say the process is long but worth it. I need to do a better job of concept mapping and learning to summarize the material a little better. I think also my pdfs are submitted sometimes not in the right configuration, so I have to work on the page layout to ensure they are in the proper order.

9. Star Aiken

It’s hard for me to make time to do this task since im always busy with my other classes. The loadwork in total of all my classes becomes overwhelming and I try my best to manage the time I put in to each class. The days I dont have classes I work so, my schedule is always busy as to why im lacking and not putting my all in note taking. I believe setting a reminder ahead of time will help me distinguish time to get them done effectively.

10. Vincent

I am overwhelmed by the assignments from other classes. However I am still able to take notes from reading by highlighting important points and summarizing them in bullet points.

11. Ali Gurocak

My note-taking isn’t good as it must be to post, but I have to make improvements towards taking notes weekly which will lead me to have sharp graphs and better illustrations.

12. Ali Gurocak

13. Ali Gurocak

14. Ali Gurocak

15. Ali Gurocak

16. Shaniqua Brown

When I am reading the text book I find majority my time I’m more sketching than reading. So I remind myself to read more about the topic instead of sketching.

17. Brian Bacuilima

I need to summarize the textbook pages instead of copying them directly. I draw my own versions of the diagrams so I can better visualize what the entire chapter is all about. I have to make my notes look original to me, not exactly identical to the textbook.

18. Nasir McIntosh

My weekly notes have been okay, but they could be better. I’d like to sketch more meaningful diagrams as well. I’ve definitely been improving after implementing the good note taking strategies we’ve gone over. I like the neatness in the sample work, maybe I’ll pick up a graph paper notebook.

19. Michael Ramirez

I need to start summarizing more in my note taking. I usually try to summarize, but I find myself copying and not really putting it in my own words. I don’t usually get that much time to do my work since I’m busy most of the day so that’s what’s making me not do it properly. Either with other work that’s due or with something else.

20. Azizjon

I personally tend to just write when I am taking notes and most of the I don’t draw I think I should be drawing more.

21. Jonathan Romero

I don’t think I use the mind map as much as I should. Should definitely put reminders on my phone to put some time and really focus on the reading. As I just read when I can not when I should. I should also have a notebook with me at all times as I don’t have it when I’m reading so I never take notes while I’m reading, and I guess I’m stubborn as I don’t reread when taking said notes

22. Michael Ramirez

23. Wilmer Pacumio

Something that I can improve on is my time management. I have to be more committed to doing the important things as early as possible and on time.