- Date: 12/9-12/16
- Meeting Info: In addition to the asynchronous portion of our class, we have the following synchronous opportunities, using the Zoom link distributed earlier this semester (ask if you need me to resend!):
- Optional writing lab session: Thursday, 12/10, 10:20am-11:20am.
- Office Hours: Monday 12/14 10:20-11:20 and Tuesday 12/15 1:30-2:30, and by appointment–just ask!
- I’ll be joining your ARCH 1101 class for your final presentations on 12/16
To-Do Before Class
All of our efforts this past week were focused on finishing Project #3 and any remaining work.
- To prepare for and write the Final Reflection and compile the Final Portfolio
To-Do This Week
- Get energized and focused–this is the last week of the semester!
- Meet with me in office hours or our optional writing lab or an appointment.
- Complete the Student Evaluation of Teaching if you choose to
- Complete the final survey about this course specifically (I’ll post an announcement about it when I’ve finished writing it)
- We can do this! We’re doing this! We’re almost done with this!
- When you’re all done, consider sharing your work with people who matter to you. Let them know the role they played in your journey through this impossible semester.
- Read the instructions for the Final Reflection and Final Portfolio
- Re-read your work from the semester to help guide you through the reflection and portfolio
- Freewrite, brainstorm, and plan: look at the list of questions from the Final Reflection assignment instructions, and write answers to the questions you find relevant.
- Write your Final Reflection. Divide the work into manageable parts. You could write one paragraph or section at a time, writing perhaps for 30 minutes at a time. Be sure to review your work. You could even ask a classmate or person in your life to review what you’ve written, or we can review it in office hours/writing lab/an appointment.
- Are you revising any work for the Final Portfolio? What is the best use of your time at this point in the semester?
- Compile your Final Portfolio, including the short paragraphs or lists to describe your real or imagined revision.
- Publish your work using the appropriate category