Restaurant week

CIMG0174

I took this picture at a Japanese restaurant names Wasan near St. mark on February 28th . It was during the restaurant week so the prices were way cheaper than the originals but still a little bit pricey. I took a lot of pictures at that night but this one came out the nicest. In the picture, it is a Japanese style desert; the name is chilled Zenzai with chestnut, which was so good. It was pretty dark and  each table has two or three candle lights, I didn’t use any filter when I was taking this picture but I put the candle near the bowl so that it wouldn’t be too dark to see and in order to make it looks lighter in the picture but I don’t know why it came out with the halos. It was a great night, the foods were good but since the portion of the foods were not so big and we had 8 people sharing together so most of us were not full after all, then we just went to another place to eat for second round

2 Responses to Restaurant week

1. Hi Vivian,

Interesting photo, but you spend a lot of time describing the restaurant and not the image. Also, please proof your work and present the photo’s title, date, photographer’s name.
    Prof. Scanlan

2. Ning Hu says:

Japanese foods, haven’t seen them for a long time. Although I‘m not a big fan of their main dishes, the desserts, however, are quite good. Like motituki, especially the azuki ones. I know there are quite a few people in this country who fancy Japanese foods. However, in Japan, it seems that the people there are not very fond of their own food culture. I lived in Japan for four years, it looks like most Japanese people admire foreign foods, like Chinese foods and French foods. I think their food culture has already changed. You can hardly see any traditional foods on their dining table these days. Instead, you see a bunch of mixed international foods. I knew a Japanese guy who eats curry every day, funny thing.