Draft 1

Growing up in an immigrant family was never easy. From education to real world problems, here I will talk about the hardships and obstacles I have faced throughout my life.
Both my parents came from Ecuador for a better life. Not only for themselves but for their kids, my siblings and I. If there’s one thing I learn it’s that determination and grit can pave the way for anything you want. As long as you have the hunger within you, you will accomplish your goal. So I was taught.
English at home was never spoken. Coming from immigrants parents, this was the norm. Spanish here, Spanish there, Spanish everywhere. This made the English language even harder to perfect. I’ve always despised English class with their vague questions. “Think of a time when this happened causing this to happen.” I mean like seriously? This requires too much thinking and analyzing for me. Every assignment given are very open ended with various responses being correct. It seems that I struggle with articulating my thoughts and ideas onto paper. When we had assignments give to us in Elementary School, I struggled with completing them at home. I was surrounded with the Spanish language getting thrown at me left and right. Nobody at home was help, something I needed. I remember always getting 3’s on my ELA state test and asking myself “how?” I was NEVER able to get above a 3, whereas math, I would never get below a 4. This killed the slight passion I had left for the English language, I just gave up.
There were plenty of times in high school where were given essay assignments to complete based on books we have read. Whenever I thought I had written a piece of art, it turns out it was complete shit and I would received a 65-70 on it. Weirdly enough, whenever I thought u bombed an essay, it did pretty good, receiving an 85+. These series of events baffle and to this day it still occurs. English is complicated and I will never be able to perfect this craft or art (whatever you want to call it) no matter how much I try. Even if I do it ends up flunking.