http://nypost.com/2014/04/04/5-rescued-after-car-plunges-into-creek-in-queens/

I found this article and tragedy to be very interesting and sad. When I read this article it was very touching and heartbreaking on the way these young adults died. The most tedious part to me in the article was when I read that one person survived. I am happy for him surviving and his family not losing a love one. However I believe this would be very hard for him as the survivor. Looking at this article in an human services perspective I know that the survivor will have to receive some medication or at least be supervised. The survivor can be at risk for suicide because all of his friends died and he was the only one that survived. As a human service student I view this case to be sad and I hope that they find out the cause of the youth’s deaths. I hope you all take the time to take a look at this article and comment with some thought you may have after reading.

7 Responses to http://nypost.com/2014/04/04/5-rescued-after-car-plunges-into-creek-in-queens/

1. Jenny Phan says:

I agree with you. Due to the traumatic event, he might suffer PSTD and he would need to receive treatments, such as counseling or therapy.

2. Natalie this is a tradegy, and my heart goes out the the family. I agree with both of you because after such a tramatic event, it is hard to continue with life as usual. I would definately have Mr. Gramm evaulated for any possible symptoms that may follow. He was very brave to be able to dial 911 after such a tramatic situation occuring, and i hope that he recognizes how strong he was. The families will also require counseling or a group dealing with breavment.

3. I agree with all of you. This is was very hard to read because I can’t even begin to imagine as to how I would stand on my own feet after this. There should be therapy involved for the youth and the family. I think as a family it will help the process of dealing with the trauma go more smoothly. Having that support from the youth to the parents and the parent to the youth will help each of them recognize that they are there for each other after such an awful event.

4. Once I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now every time a comment is added I get 4 emails with the identical comment. Is there any approach you can take away me from that service? Thanks!

5. ttf to svg says:

I have been surfing on-line greater than 3 hours today, yet I by no means found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty price sufficient for me. In my view, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net shall be a lot more helpful than ever before.

6. I like what you guys are up also. Such smart work and reporting! Keep up the excellent works guys I