Hundreds Have Contacted The FBI Pedophile Case Of Ex-Teacher William Vahey

As a human service worker, we want our new generation to have a healthy school environment.  However, some students are not that lucky.  Hundreds of people have contacted the FBI to arrest the pedophile teacher, William Vahey.  According to the article, in 1969, Vahey was arrested on child sexual abuse charges and went to jail for five years. For example, he went on a school trip and handed out double cream Oreos with sleeping pills (at bedtime) that are “enough to leave the boys unconscious as he touched them and posed them for nude photographs.” This is an issue because Vahey committed the same crime after he came out from jail and went back to a teaching career to molest boys. How can we help him? What can we do? Vahely admitted that he molested young boys because “I was molested as a boy that is why I do this. I have been doing this my whole life.” He should have received counseling or therapy for help. In class, we discussed developing rehabilitation, education, and programs for prisoners. However, it is difficult to create these programs because of taxpayers. How can we convince taxpayers to spend a little more from their pocket to help this vulnerable population?

About Jenny Phan

Dental Hygiene Student

2 Responses to Hundreds Have Contacted The FBI Pedophile Case Of Ex-Teacher William Vahey

1. I agree with you. We as human services workers need to advocate for laws that will allow people like Vaheley to be rehabilitated while he was in jail. It is just sad to me that a person like him gets the chance to commit the same crime once again and hurt innocent children.

2. I agree with you both, this individual does require rehabilitation and counseling. I cannot imagine what those innocent children have been through, but they definitely require counseling, hopefully they would be able to be counseled as a group which would promote strength, togetherness and empower them to move on.