Parents, 6 Sons, Accused Of Sexually Abusing Girl For Nearly A Decade

The judge press Charges against the six brothers for sexual abuse and rapes their 16 years old sister since she was 4 years old. The judge charged the parents with a felony for witnessing the process, yet they did not prevent the situation. All of the six brothers are in jail while the parents are free out of a bail.  Do you think this is fair to the brothers? The parents should put in jail because it is their responsibility to prevent their children from raping their sister (child neglect). Maybe,  the six brothers thought it was “ok” to rape since they were taught that this type of behavior is normal. What do you think about the parents? Maybe the parents were sexual abused in their childhood and believed it was ok for the boys to repeats the same cycle. Also, what will happen to the sister after being traumatized by this incident? She may put in a foster care and develop mental illness, such as PTSD, depression, lack of trust, or low-self esteem. As a human service worker, what can do to help the sister to recover and the parents? (Such as, therapy, counseling, education or rehabilitation). After the six brothers come out from jail,  How would society view them after breaking the norms?

About Jenny Phan

Dental Hygiene Student

4 Responses to Parents, 6 Sons, Accused Of Sexually Abusing Girl For Nearly A Decade

1. rworrell says:

I agree that the parents should be sentenced to serve prison time along with their sons. Regardless of the parents past, they are accountable for the protection of all their children. They neglected all their children by permitting such an offensive acts to take place and continue in their home.To allow something so horrific to take place is just criminal. This whole family will need therapy and rehabilitation. What has occurred in this family is completely unacceptable and without behavioral modification and cognitive therapy I fear that this family practice will lead to continued moral and criminal acts.

2. Rworrell I agreed with you 100%. I am wondering if this family may be beyond certain types of rehabilitation. From my studies it appears that sexual deviants are not actually cured, but they learn how to live with their impairment. Knowing their triggers they go out of their way to avoid them. What I am concerned about is, these children boys as well as the girls, have been taught that this behavior is acceptable, and this training has gone on for a very long time. That will be very hard to change even with rehabilitation and counseling, I fear these children may be damaged for life.

3. I am in fact grateful to the holder of this web site who has shared this wonderful paragraph at here.