HW 10/18: Research Question Proposal

My topic is Native American Reservations. I am still not sure about the question I will research but so far I have (1) How is living on a Native American reservation different from living in other parts of the U.S.? ,(2) What are the biggest problems reserves have to deal with?(3) What are interesting cultural differences Native Americans have?. I am interested in these questions because I believe I was taught vividly about this topic but all I remember is that they were moved to be isolated from settlers. I am also interested in this topic because I have seen tiktoks about Native American culture and the issues they have on the reserves so I want to learn more. In my research (if I research about problems in reserves), I expect to find that Native American Reservations lack clean water and healthcare. I expect to find that Native American Reserves lack clean water because I have seen a tiktok about a reserve in Canada not having clean water. I expect to find that Native American Reserves lack healthcare because they are very isolated so it’s not easy to access a hospital they need when one of them is badly injured or sick. In my research (if I research about the interesting cultural differences Native American have), I expect to find out more about their religious/cultural chants, the different jewelry they wear and what they represent, the significance of their cultural tattoos and how they use animal remains (bones and fur) for their cultural use. In my research (if I research about how it’s different living in a reserve than the rest of the U.S.), I expect to find that reserves are isolated, not city like, no trains, and more. I also think they access their food and clothes differently than the rest of the U.S.. I expect to find this information because like I said the whole purpose for the reserves was to be isolated and there’s not as much people in these reserves that they needed to modernize to a city like environment like New York City. I also expect to find this information because they generally have different cultural customs than the rest of the U.S.. If I find information that goes completely against what I had expected to find, I will write about it anyway. I think this will be interesting because you get information from a different perspective.