Fall 2017 | COMD1100_LC08 | Prof. Spevack

Urban Artifacts Phase 1

ambiguous figure/ground relationship

What individual doesn’t love street are? The inner design has many elements which causes a high interest towards it. As an artist I would definitely classify this as an organic image. The outside figure doesn’t have a role to play in my decision but what’s inside does. However if we’re focusing on the aspect of the inner art, then we can bring in the factor of this image being ambiguous. Ambiguous is the true meaning in this picture due to the fragments of the art in this picture.
The history of this design comes from a underrated street artist. She’s been planting her tag everywhere/anywhere you could label in New York. This tag is to reveal  the true message behind her art. However she spreads love, but no one acknowledged her work because she’s been living in the street. Although I was telling you the history behind it, five years past. After the five years she’s been making a name for herself but still leaves her work around to inspire others.

1. Sage Gray

this peace is so deep. from the placement of it, giving off a loner type of vibe, to the profound simplistic message written. Good job and thanks for sharing

• Sage Gray

piece* teehee

• shawnf01

Thanks Sage!!, I appreciate the feedback