Lucien Spect | D440 | Fall 2023

Agenda: Week 12

Light grey brick wall with small graffiti and a large stylized 1 | 2 in black and white.
1/2” by Salina via Flickr CC BY-NC-ND 2.0

Monday:

READ (and comment): Read at least two of your colleagues’ Unit 3 proposals, and comment on them (if you haven’t yet written your own proposal, go back to the Agenda for Week 11 and do so) . Comments should be at least 150 words. Please do not simply say “sounds great!” because that is not helpful! Think about the kind of things that might be helpful to you as you embark on this project. Here are some ideas: 
  • A specific publication or website you think the author could write for
  • A question or comment to help narrow down the audience: “You say you want young people to watch this video essay, but there’s no publication that all young people watch. Are you actually trying to reach New Yorkers?”
  • A question or comment to help narrow down the genre: “There are a lot of different kinds of articles in the world. You could be writing for a newspaper like the New York Times or a website like Buzzfeed, and the writing is totally different for both. Can you be more specific?”
  • You can also just talk about things in the proposal you find especially cool or exciting. 
Wednesday:

WRITE: Write a plan for Unit 3 – New Genre piece.  What are your goals for working/ thinking/ brainstorming/ gathering material? Write a schedule including a timeline for when you will have smaller chunks of your larger project done.

1. Denis Belyaev

My plan for Unit 3 is to rewrite my research into a series of questions for an interview and then interview a professional in the field. I have already started to look for candidates on LinkedIn. I will compile around 10 questions for the interview on the upcoming weekend (11/18/23-11/19/23). After I find the candidate I will follow up with an email suggesting an interview on theme of dangers of alcohol. After that I will transcript the interview. I plan to do it by 11/26/23. After that I will edit my project and then submit it.

2. Kalvin Harris

This upcoming week I plan on rewriting my unit 2 assignment into short, brief, and easily comprehensible sentences. This will ensure the information given is digestible to my intended audience and follows the format of a twitter thread.  Then, finally, I’ll check my work by looking for any mistakes regarding grammar, spelling, and punctuations, in addition to making sure my sentences get my point across effectively.

3. David Rivera

My goal for unit 3 is to compile my research from my work from unit 2 so that way when i make my poster it can have all the necessary information. I plan to use this weekend to gather all of the information that i will need then im going to look at other academic posters so that way i can see what one shoulfd look like