Week 7: Monday, 10/5 – Friday, 10/9

Hi Students!

I had some technical difficulties for Monday’s small groups… apologies! Here is what you need to know:

Watch the video (link below) before reading the play… it will help you to better understand the play! This week, read the play up until LINE 625. The line numbers are in BLACK (not the hyper-linked blue ones). I would change this to make it less confusing if I could, but it’s not my document…

Tuesday & Wednesday groups… please still come to the small group meeting if you can. And if you missed Monday’s meeting due to the technical difficulties, and you want to jump into a Tues. or Wed. meeting (or Wed. office hours), feel free to do so. I will be updating the Announcements page to make everything clearer. Thanks for your patience!

By end-of-day Friday, 10/9

READING:

WRITING:

Micro-Activity # 6: Antigone

• Write a post responding to the following questions (approx. 300 words– 2 or 3 short paragraphs).
    • How is Antigone being disobedient? Whom and/or what is she disobeying?
    • What motivates her disobedience—what are her goals, and why are they so important to her? 
    • Based on her statements and actions, do you consider Antigone to be a criminal or a hero? 
    • How does the character of Creon help you to think about justice, power, and authority? Has the play helped you to think about the world we live in today?
    • How did watching the video of the play affect your understanding of the play or one of the characters?
  •  
  • Before publishing your post, make sure you do the following:
    • Title it “Micro-Activity #6: Antigone
    • Pick the category “Week 7 Work”