Prof. Miller| ENG 1101 - OL62 | Fall 2020

Discussions: Brainstorm

When I think about education, I think of teachers and I think of students.  I think of gathering information that was unknown to you before. Education is a luxury that many people value. Some crave it and some are fortunate enough to have it.  There are so may different ways a person can learn . Whether its verbally, face to face. hands on, and etc. That is one thing that I love about it. There are a variety of things to learn. It is even possible to learn about something unintentionally. I feel like us as people learn something new every single day that we do  not mean to learn. When I first started school in the states at age 7, The teaching and learning style was different than I was used to due to the fact that I was born in Nigeria. I had a really difficult time adapting to the teaching style. I would often get very frustrated, but that frustration acted as my biggest motivator because i hated the feeling of being lost and i wanted to comprehend things on the same level as my fellow classmates so i began teaching myself everyday after school, I eventually got the hang of things and no longer struggled with fitting in. If it wasn’t for me having the courage to further educate myself everyday after classes, I dont know where i would even be today. (10 minutes)

1. Prof. Suzanne Miller

Ekeoma,

There is so much material here to explore for your education narrative essay! I am looking forward to discussing your ideas with you during this week’s small group meeting.