Prof. Miller| ENG 1101 - OL62 | Fall 2020

Micro-Activity # 1: Introductions

Three things that caught my attention from the syllabus was that the grading policy is way more strict then how it was in high school but that’s expected, textbooks also wont be used which makes things extremely convenient since the readings are going to online, and lastly that there wont be any class meetings like other classes. One thing i am looking forward too is that this class is a asynchronous class which makes things convenient for me so i can work on assignments at my own pace and make sure things are done right. Also since readings are going to be online it makes things convenient for me and other students because textbooks can be very expensive most of the time.

1. Prof. Suzanne Miller

Hi Melanie,

I’m glad that you like the online nature of the class– both the fact that the readings are all online & the fact that the work is asynchronous.

That said… we will be finding some time to meet over video/voice chat. One opportunity is tomorrow– look out for a ZOOM invite to my office hours. I will be emailing it to the class at about 1:45pm (my office hours are between 2 & 4pm, and students are encouraged to drop in for a few minutes). This is not required! And there will be other opportunities to meet up online.

Welcome to the class!