The Importance of Role Models

Attending events during an internship can be incredibly insightful, and meeting someone who serves as a role model or mentor can have a profound impact on your professional development. During my internship, I had the opportunity to attend the farmers markets hosted by our company, which provided a platform to connect with industry professionals and gain valuable insights.

One individual I met during this event who stood out as a role model and mentor was my supervisor. Having the chance to interact with her in person was invaluable, as she not only shared her expertise but also provided guidance and support throughout my internship journey.

As a designer herself, with experience working for a well-known institution like JP Morgan, she brought a wealth of knowledge and insight to the table. She took the time to guide me through the intricacies of targeting our specific demographic, sharing practical tips and strategies that she had learned through her own experiences.

What truly made her a standout mentor was her passion for design and her commitment to excellence. Her designs were not only visually stunning but also strategically crafted to resonate with our target audience. She encouraged me to think outside the box, experiment with different design elements, and strive for innovation in my work.

Beyond her technical expertise, she also exemplified the importance of professionalism, collaboration, and continuous learning. Her approachable demeanor and willingness to share her knowledge fostered a supportive environment where I felt comfortable asking questions and seeking feedback.

Meeting my supervisor during my internship was a defining moment that reaffirmed the importance of having role models and mentors in your professional journey. Her mentorship has had a lasting impact on my growth as a designer, and I am grateful for the guidance and inspiration she has provided.