Typical Day

One of the most exciting aspects of my internship at Morning Glory Markets is the opportunity to apply my graphic design skills to real-world projects. I’ve been tasked with creating visually compelling content for social media posts. Through the projects, I’m honing my design abilities, learning to effectively communicate the company’s message through imagery and typography, and gaining valuable experience in adapting.

In addition to graphic design, I’m learning how to craft engaging copy for social media captions with a focus on conveying the company’s values and promoting its products and initiatives effectively. Understanding the importance of tone, voice, and messaging consistency is crucial in maintaining a strong brand identity and building rapport with our audience.

Immersed in the vibrant atmosphere of the farmers’ market, I’m gaining firsthand insights into the agricultural industry and the local economy. Interacting with vendors, customers, and fellow market-goers provides me with a deeper understanding of the diverse range of products available, the challenges faced by small-scale producers, and the trends shaping consumer preferences. These insights inform our marketing strategies and help us tailor our content to resonate with our target market.

While my primary focus is on graphic design and communications, I also have the opportunity to learn about various aspects of business operations within the company.  I’m gaining a holistic view of how different departments collaborate to achieve common goals. While I don’t perform clerical duties per se, I’m exposed to administrative processes and organizational structures that contribute to the overall functioning of the company.

My typical day on the internship begins with a visit to the farmers’ market to gather inspiration and source content for our marketing campaigns. Upon returning home, I dive into graphic design projects, working on creating visuals for upcoming social media posts or designing layouts for email newsletters. Throughout the day, I collaborate with my supervisor and other team members, exchanging feedback and refining our ideas to ensure they align with the company’s branding and objectives.

As the day progresses, I may attend meetings to discuss ongoing projects, brainstorm new ideas, or provide updates on my progress. Despite the dynamic nature of my role, there’s a sense of purpose and excitement in every task, knowing that each piece of content contributes to the company’s success and strengthens its connection with the community.