Landing the Job

As I settle into my internship at Morning Glory Markets, I found myself in the dynamic world of design and social media. My role within the company revolves around crafting visually engaging content for their Instagram and Facebook accounts, as well as assisting in the design process for marketing materials and advertisements. It’s an exciting opportunity to apply my skills in a professional setting and contribute to the company’s online presence and branding.

My supervisor at Morning Glory Markets is F.F holding the title of Design and Social Media Manager. She has been instrumental in guiding me through the intricacies of the company’s design aesthetics and social media strategies.

Choosing Morning Glory Markets as my internship site was a decision fueled by both strategic considerations and personal interest. I was drawn to the company’s commitment to sustainability and community engagement, values that resonate deeply with me. Additionally, their innovative approach to marketing and design presented an ideal environment for me to learn and grow in my field.

The process of receiving the job offer was relatively straightforward yet competitive. After submitting my application, I was invited for an in-person interview with a panel of two interviewers, including my supervisor-to-be. The interview itself was a mix of questions about my past experiences, my skills in design and social media management, and hypothetical scenarios to gauge my problem-solving abilities and creativity.

I distinctly remember being asked about my approach to creating engaging content for social media platforms, how I handle tight deadlines and multitasking, and my familiarity with various design software. The interview lasted about 45 minutes, and afterward, I had to wait anxiously for a week before receiving the job offer. Those seven days felt like an eternity, filled with anticipation and eagerness to join the Morning Glory Markets team.

It allowed me to showcase my capabilities and enthusiasm for the role while also gaining valuable insights into the company’s culture and expectations. Now, as I embark on this internship journey, I am excited about the opportunities ahead and eager to make meaningful contributions to Morning Glory Markets.