Prof. Rosen | ENG 1121-D438 | Spring 2024

How it’s going

You know those How it started/How it’s going memes? The end of the semester is never how you imagine it going in Week 1.

When I’ve asked students to share a meme, video, image, gif, some representation of how it’s going, I shared this uneven horse drawing.

Every semester begins with grand intentions and fine details, but they don’t all end that way. Some semesters it felt like we start out drawing detailed, healthy horse legs, but can’t do much more than some stick-figure legs by the end.

This semester, I feel like everyone is in much better shape to deliver on the promises you made to yourselves about your work in ENG 1121. Instead of that incomplete horse, this trotting sparkly unicorn seems like a much better representation of how it’s going!

I hope our final push with this course and all of your others can produce the equivalent of happy unicorns, not skimpy stick figure horse legs.

Need a study break? Share a meme, gif, video, image, phrase, motivational saying, anything to let us know how it’s going or keep us inspired.

Let me know if I can help with anything! And please let me know if I’ve missed something you’ve submitted if you want feedback as you’re revising for your final portfolio.

Now go be the sparkly unicorns you were meant to be!

1. Caryn Gutierrez

Not very positive but I’m taking five classes with at least an exam every day for the next six days I have classes + Essays. so:

” alt=”maxresdefault.jpg (1280×720)”>

2. Jody R. Rosen

I searched “end of semester advice” and read so many useful listicles, all of which seemed to mention the importance of staying organized, having a list of priorities, and making sure you leave time for sleep and self-care. And remember, this will all be over soon, and that will feel great!