Internship Week 8 Entry

3/15,16

Finally moved to actual website link, dearest.io!  For this week, I mainly focused on checking schedule function, which is for educators to input their available time into a calendar that reflects to search result. I feel like there are a bit too many steps so I want to minimize them. I’ve been looking for a good reference for this function for next phase but still can’t find any.

Also, we had many feedbacks from people. Most of them said that UX flow on mobile is very hard. We expect our users to use website most, but I agree that there are some difficulty on mobile screen. It’s too buggy, for instance, pages are loading too slow and proportion of the images look off. We’ve been keeping on telling developers about them but still not really improved. So many things are going to not very well, so I’m worried about being behind to launch again.

My supervisor told me this website called code academy, where I can learn basics of coding. It’s very intuitive because it’s giving me a task at a time and one you’ve done it correctly, you can move to a next task.

Code academy

For example, you read description on the left and then actually code in the center (where black background is). If it comes out correctly on right screen, you’ve done that task and will be assigned a next task.

I think this is a good tool for someone who want to learn basics of coding. I will try to complete many tasks as many as possible, and I’m going to ask developer interns if I find any difficulties.