Categories
Unit 3

Pitch

This essay will be connected to my unit 2 essay where I did a movie review on David Fincher’s 1999 movie “Fight Club”. In this essay I will go in depth on the true meaning behind fight club and how the lesson of self destruction instead of self growth can benefit people’s mentalitys. I will give a deep analysis on the characters and I will bring up other movies that share the same or similar lessons to Fight Club. One movie will be “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” where I will give a character analysis of the main characters Cliff Booth and Rick Dalton and how their characters reflect in who they are in society. I will also talk about other real life connections that contribute to a further explanation of the message from the films. Things like how professional athletes train their mindset to be focused and confident to a point where they really don’t have an ego when they are inaction. And how insurance companies also recognize this as an issue because for new drivers insurance rates are high by default, but for new male drivers it is more. This genre will be an informative essay, I like informative essays and I think this is the best one for my topic because this is not a convincing argument but rather exposing facts and messages that are found in movies and everyday life that can benefit people’s perception.