Categories
Weekly Assignments

Genres- Jayla Cintron

A genre I interact with a lot is mostly  reality television, Instagram posts, and YouTube Videos. I find myself interacting with these the most because most of the information on there is short, sweet, and gets to the point right away. It also tends to be more humorous which makes it easier for me to pay attention especially since I tend to get distracted really easily and lose interest pretty fast. This genre definitely shapes the way I write and how I write it because I tend to only write about things I feel are interesting to talk about as well as writing about informative stuff that would be the most useful to the reader instead of beating around the bush and making them wait to read through the fourths of an article just to get the one piece of  information they’re looking for. What makes my genre the genre it is is the way it never fails to grab your attention. Even though reality tv and social media tends to be fabricated most of the time, it can make almost anybody turn their heads to look at what they’re talking about without having to really do much, and if you don’t hear it straight from the source, you’ll most likely hear it from somebody you know or another social media platform or tv channel that’s passing it on.  The genre of Amy Tans “Mother Tongue” is the English language, in the story she talks about how being exposed to different kinds of the language such as her foreign mothers broken English and American accent English have drastically affected the way she navigates through life as well as how other people see her.