Categories
Unit 3

Pitch

My essay is about the meaning behind being gifted and being talented, the similarities and differences between them as well as how that ties into mentality and mindset. I will identify each definition and how people use them from online articles and speak on if I agree or disagree. The topic of my essay is conceptual. There is no right or wrong, just personal thoughts and opinions; because of this, I believe that out of the 3 genre ideas I came up with in my brainstorming post, best genre for my essay would be a written abstract/composition posted on social media. Due to it typically being informal, written abstracts have a way of freely expressing the themes and effectively getting the point across to the audience. Another reason why a written abstract is best is because my essay doesn’t have a specific target audience. It’s a thought provoking piece that’s there for anyone who is interested. Having this written abstract posted on social media, it will make it easy for this piece to reach that audience. One specific site in mind is Reddit. Reddit helps users find different communities with interests in many different topics. I believe a written abstract is best for my essay.