Categories
Discussions

Genre

A genre that I interact with a lot are youtube vlogs. There are many reasons why youtubers vlog on daily. One in which is to show their targeted audience a glimpse of their lifestyle as well as expressing themsleves in different ways. Such as the challenges they face and getting an understanding of what they think or feel. I personally gravitate towards travel vlogs, motivational, or a general day in a life type of vlogging. One Youtuber I enjoy watching is dk4l. They’re both a popular youtube couple that goes by the name Dearra and Ken. They’re known for creating creative content that consist of challenges and traveling together. I like their travel vlogs because I get a chance to see many fun activities outside of the country and each time they travel to a place I make sure to write it down on my bucket list. I also enjoy watching them try different foods. When it comes to motivational vlogs, I enjoy watching a youtuber named Breeny Lee. She gives really great advice that deals with confidence, relationships, mental heath and many more. Another motivational page I watch is called Bright Sun. I like hearing stories that inspires me to follow my passion. This page also motivates me to not give up and to get out of my comfort zone. The convention of the travel blogs I watch is length and humor. The youtubers makes their videos entertaining and long enough for viewers to see the adventurous things they’re doing in a certain country. As well as the exotic places they go to. Furthermore, for motivational videos, the purpose is to hear success stories coming from people who once started from somewhere and to advise us on how to follow your path. I chose this genre because its my personal interests and someday I aspire to travel the world and vlog my journey for others to see and learn from.

The genre of Amy Tan’s “Mother’s Tongue” is language. In this essay she speaks on how she had to help her mother explain herself to others primarily because of her “broken English”.