Categories
Discussions Weekly Assignments

How to read like a writer

After reading this article when Mike Bunn makes a reference that says ” You’re already an author” I believe that he means that everyone creates their own story and writes it in their own way. We use writing in many ways such as when we text our friends & family, when we make comments on social media, and even when we physically write for example journaling. When you create thoughts of your own and write them down or even verbally discuss them with others you become an author. Your life is a story itself, you create the memories, you write about your life and everything you’ve experienced. A great author always plans out their writing using a template of their own. Meaning that they ask themselves who & what should they involve, why is this topic special or important to me and how can it relate to larger audiences and lastly how can the audiences attention be grabbed quickly. When writing my own papers I used this template to help draft my ideas and topics eventually putting them onto paper and building some type of story. I do believe that writing in my everyday life will help me very greatly being that I am a law major and law requires a lot of reading and writing. I will be able to become more comfortable with writing longer and larger texts and become a better writer in general. Something that I would like to take away from Bunn’s writing to incorporate in my own is being able to tell a story and keep the audiences attention the entire time. Writing is a way of learning to open up and making sure a vision comes to life through writing.