Categories
Discussions Intro

How To Read Like a Writer – Jayla Cintron

When Mike Bunn says “You are already an author” in his article I think he means that you’re the one that writes your own story, and in this case the story is your life. If you really think about it whether it’s from a first or third person point of view everybody is capable of writing and narrating their own life story in a way that nobody else can since you’re the one who experiences everything first hand and there are a bunch of details that only you know of that would be left out if somebody else wrote it for you. Me personally, I occasionally write in a journal or type up wordy posts on this small instagram account I have that all of the people I’m close with follow. Even though it’s usually rants or about controversial topics, this existing expertise will help me with my reading and writing for college and beyond because of the amount of words I learn subconsciously to make my sentences sound more put together as well as always making sure that it’s clear which topic I’m writing about and wording it in a way that’ll grab attention the quickest and keep the reader intrigued (depending on the topic). Something I noticed in Bunn’s article that I would like to try doing with my own writing is add more liveliness to it so it feels like you’re actually talking to me when you read my stuff especially since I’m the kind of person who doesn’t really talk that much in real life, but on paper or a screen I could write/type out a whole storybook cause I feel that it’s easier and less anxiety inducing to communicate and express myself that way so i might as well make the best of it right?