Categories
Unit 3 Weekly Assignments

Pitching Genre

My topic is what are the contributing factors that generate homelessness in the United States?  The purpose  is to bring awareness to the ongoing issue of homelessness in America.   The homeless population goes unrecognize; however, it is a growing issue in the United States.   If you ask the average person the cause for homelessness, most will point out job loss or lack of motive or education contributing to homelessness.  Yes, these are some of the factors; however, many more contribute factors fluctuate the numbers for the homeless population.  In my argument, I will present the following.

• Poverty
  • Health (mental illness)
  • Social exclusion (race)
  • Income
  • Affordable Housing & Supportive Housing

I will use a Podcast as my platform to present and discuss the concern of homelessness.  A Podcast will be more of a direct method of providing the information to my audience.   The Podcast will allow my audience to hear the passion and connect to the topic.  Today, most people are busy and constantly on the move, with limited time reading and truly consuming an article.  Most people use their smartphones for just about everything; creating Podcast gives people easy access to listen and obtain information.