Categories
Discussions Unit 3

1 New Genre

The topic I initially chose was that of the criminalization of marijuana in the United States. I chose to research how and why marijuana was made illegal in America if it’s common knowledge that marijuana can be use medicinally. Being that I’m not arguing anything and just merely sharing information, I don’t really have an argument to make nor do I need any evidence to support my argument. The new non-traditional genre that I’m choosing is an informational video. The reason being is that videos can be accessed by almost any and everyone. Videos can also stay online forever and have a chance at going viral. As long as the video is kept to about a minute it is very likely that hundreds, thousands, and maybe even millions of people might see it. By having such a large audience it can help educate people about why marijuana was criminalized and how the plant is not an enemy. With that being said, this video won’t have a specific target audience. It’s targeted more for people who like to learn about history, but also for anyone who wants to know the truth. Moreover, I believe that an informational video is the best way to be able to share the real history behind the criminalization of marijuana.