The NewYork Times

08BEAUTYTRIENNIAL3-jumbo

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/03/09/arts/design/cooper-hewitt-design-beauty.html?ref=arts

Seven Ways of Seeing
Beauty in Design

This article explores a very interesting concept. Beauty through design. It goes about it by breaking down the way one can see beauty in design in 7 different categories.  Extravagant, Transgressive, Emergent, Transformative, Ethereal, Intric-ate, Elemental. What caught my attention was Lauren Bowker’s London-based practice, TheUnseen, is focused on responsive design. It was a piece of a leather jacket painted with ink that reacts to wind movement. The jacket is painted with bird wings. It quite amazing. The contrast and value used in the design displays the use of it extremely well.

About Rafael Lopez

I live to create. My imagination takes me to different mindsets, to different universes, to different dimensions. I remain grounded in reality. A reality where I seek to break my limits through education. I am on the road to becoming a graphic designer. I'm looking to better my creative expression any chance i get. Gaining inspiration through everyday life. Through my experiences and the experiences of others. I hope to become a creative director in the comic book industry or any medium that allows me to tell a narrative of my own creation. I can also see myself in the advertisement industry. As I take this journey into the unknown one thing is for sure I will work hard to break the walls down of my limits