Hi Class,

Over the past few days, I have received a flurry of emails concerning the COVID-19 virus from my department chair, the provost, the president, and from CUNY central. I imagine that you have received some yourself.

I will try to keep our OpenLab website current with news, updates, and instructional material.

In the meantime, if you can answer these questions, it would be helpful:

1–Do you have reliable internet access at home?

2–Do you have a computer, tablet, or cell phone that you can use at home for homework?

I ask these questions so that I can consider holding online class sessions and sending/receiving lesson materials.

Homework for Monday, March 16: First, read the assignment sheet for Essay 2 (also on OpenLab, Assignments menu tab). Second, write Journal 5: 300 words in which you select three favorite poems from the ones we have read so far (either in our book or in the handouts); briefly state why these three are your favorite and be sure to use at least three of our poetry terms (underline them).

Finally, as of now, this journal should be printed and turned in to me in class. But if things change, we may make this an emailed assignment. If you have any questions or comments, please email me at: sscanlan@citytech.cuny.edu

Best,

Prof. Scanlan