Our City Tech OpenLab Home

Sean’s Test

Test Essay Goes Here.

1. Professor Sean Scanlan

QUESTIONS:

1–Is the title of the article, the source, and the full author’s name provided in the first or second sentence? Be specific if something is missing. ANSWER

2–Does the student define the author’s Intellectual Home and their own? ANSWER

3–Does the student explore a brief personal educational experience? ANSWER

4–Are the thesis and method clear? ANSWER

5–Copy and paste your two favorite sentences from the students essay. Then explain why you like them. Sample explanation: not only is this an example of the college sentence, this sentence highlights an important turning point that you experienced in high school in a very clear way–I get it completely.
    ***”Gardner is keen to help people realize that the future is right around the corner and certain skills will be needed to succeed, no matter the job or career.” I really like how this topic sentence tracks perfectly from your method statement.
    ***** “Lastly, I will devise a future Intellectual Home that involves both study places and classmate discussion; I hope to make this future intellectual home a reality someday.” I like how hopeful this last sentence is, I look forward to reading your conclusion.

6–Copy and paste two sentences that are confusing. Then explain what is confusing about them. Sample explanation: you may have mixed up the terms Intellectual Home and Personal Anecdote, please check to make sure you have the right term for a brief account of your best exam experience ever.

7–Make two concrete suggestions.
    *** “My desire to become a certified public accountant has led me to select Gardner’s essay as my favorite article about education.” I suggest using his full name and the title of the article upon the first mention.