In conclusion, the covid-19 pandemic made homelessness more perceivable to the public in many cities in America. While there were conflicting forces such as a moratorium on evictions that was in place during part of the pandemic, the use of hotels to quarantine the infected, and a pre-existing homeless population, the overall conclusion was that the number of unhoused people did in fact increase during the pandemic. While reading these articles I found myself surprised at how much more chaotic America has become. I was also surprised at how difficult it was to correct this problem even though a great deal of money was put aside for the task. People generally feel that money will solve all their problems, but it has become clear that lack of planning can prevent both money and good intentions from accomplishing their goal. My understanding has deepened when I consider that it has become much easier to end up homeless but far much harder to overcome it. It could happen to anyone. After reading these articles, I expressed my sympathy toward the local homeless people in my neighborhood. I started to imagine myself being in their shoes and how much they must go through, especially now when it’s only getting colder outside.