Coffeehouse #2-Cristen Bobb

In my perspective “The Yellow Wallpaper” by Charlotte Gilman was the most interesting and enjoyable because after the first read-through I was left with so many unanswered questions that I had to go back through and read again, for example, I wondered what could drive a person so insane that they would think to burn down an entire house to get rid of a smell that only existed in their brain, or even sees full-blown people creeping back in forth on a plain wallpaper, to almost turning barbaric using her teeth to rip pieces of the wall off. In this story, it’s almost as if we’re seeing how insane a person can really go when they believe in a truth that is unreal/unworldly. You can even connect it to the world we live in today a lot of people believe different lies we see on social media and that leads to overthinking until it slowly consumes our thoughts and our everyday activities and when it gets to that point sadly it’ll be too late like the lady in “The Yellow Wallpaper”. We can learn from these stories and not over crowd our minds that can cause us to overthink to the point of self-sabotage.

1. Professor Sean Scanlan

Thanks for your post. Good reflections on the many questions the text raises.
    -Prof. Scanlan