Professor Kate Poirier | D052 | Fall 2022

INTRODUCING ANGIE

My name is Angie Zumba, and I was born in Brooklyn, Queens however I love my Ecuadorian culture. My major is Mathematics Education, I chose this major because ever since middle school I found out I loved math. Math was always filled with challenges, and that’s what I loved, I was always taught to never give up. I’m a very friendly person, who finds joy in seeing others happy. I love children and hold a lot of patience, and I want to become a teacher to make a difference in children’s lives. Many people say my happiness and positivity rubs off around them so that’s what I hope to achieve in the future, to make a huge impact on students.

Some of my hobbies include playing soccer, driving around, and watching the sunset. Something I’m proud of is staying consistent in my gym journey, I learned to practice lots of self-care this year. I’ve also learned to surround myself with people who are proud of my accomplishments and not those who love to see me fail.

A fun fact is that I’m a Libra and a cat lover. Back in 2018, my brother gifted me a cat as a Christmas present. At first, I was scared of him, but then I fell deeply in love with him, he was always there beside me during my toughest times. Sadly, things happened and I had to give him away. He will always be in my heart <3

However, my boyfriend got a cat last year and he is like our child. His name is Zay, and he is the sweetest.

1. Kate Poirier

Love the cat pics, Angie!! I’m sorry you had to give the adorable orange and white one away, but so glad Zay is in your life.

I’m glad you mentioned your self-care journey and that you’re surrounding yourself with people who build you up. These are two very important skills and you can bring them forward for the rest of your life! I’m impressed with your gym consistency; something that I’ve learned as I’ve gotten older is that consistent small efforts (not just with physical exercise but with anything) can pay off more than sporadic large efforts. It’s great that you’ve already figured that out!