Professor Kate Poirier, Spring 2017

Introducing David Kirsch

Hello!

My name is David Kirsch and my major is Computer Systems Technology. Before returning back to college, I was a performer. I graduated from a NYC conservatory in 2007 and performed around the country for 7 years. After making the decision to change careers, I figured I would go into a career that I was surrounded with my entire childhood, COMPUTERS! My father was a software developer, so I had read some of the books he would bring home. It was always interesting to me.

After I graduate from CityTech, I would like to get a job as a software developer, eventually working my way up to a Database Administrator. I would like to find a job that I could work overseas for a few years or part of the year.

During the course of this class, I would like to get a better understanding of algorithms and how they were built to overcome problems.

Although I changed careers, I still love taking dance classes, especially Tap. I enjoy going to the beach (in the summer) and traveling around the world too.

1. Jason Pena

Your stint as a performer sounds awesome! What was your favorite performance/venue? How difficult was it to change careers after so many years? Hope you find a great job soon that allows you to travel. Good luck.

• David Kirsch

Thanks Jason!
      2 of my favorite shows I did was a production of “Hairspray” in Nevada for 6 months at a casino/hotel, and the other was a production of “Tarzan”, which I was a tumbling/ flying monkey (ape).
      At first I was nervous about changing careers, but I realized you are never too old to go back to college and start a new career, so here I am! It has been quite a journey so far, and I love every minute of it 😀
      Nice meeting you Jason!

2. Tariq Hemraj

Im happy to hear your switching majors to computers, i mean it is what surrounds us now, i hope this switch goes well for you!