Dear incoming student for English 1141,

My name is Yasmine Blair. I am writing you because I have already taken the class you are now entering. I thought I would take the time to give you some advice before you begin. I want you to know that you should enter this class with and open mind and that you shouldn’t prejudge it based on your experiences in past English classes. If you’re like me you may have had some difficult experiences in some English classes. This class isn’t like most others and you may see it’s a breath of fresh air. Some assignments I’ll never forget is critiquing pieces of literature and peer work. It allowed me to have a more positive light on revising my work and the work of others. I know that being an online student can be difficult. In the beginning for me it was a bit of and adjustment but I got used to it. There will be times that it will get frustrating like when the internet decides it wants to act up the exact moment it is time for class. Just know that you’re not the only one dealing with these obstacles. Eventually you will get through it and better days will come. I appreciated this class because it broke me out of my shyness when it comes to writing. I feel that moving forward I will be more confident in my work.