Dear future student, my name is Christina. I took this creative writing class during the Spring Semester of 2021 when classes were still fully remote due to the Covid-19 pandemic. During this class we had an array of readings and assignments but my favorite by far was a smaller exercise we did. We were given a picture and we had to write the context, background, and the character of what we saw. We just sat down and wrote with no limits or constraints on what we were allowed to write about. In my case it was the opportunity to let my imagination run wild and just write without any restrictions or formats that could hold me back or second guess myself.

Being fully remote can be just as challenging as in person. There is a different set of challenges that have not been there previously. I think one of the ways that I was able to manage my assignments was to write down all the things I had to do for the week and when they were due, I also put down important upcoming assignments. It really helped because I could manage what had to take priority. I think this class can be useful in learning to give feedback to others. In this class we were put into small groups of about 4 people and we reviewed the major assignments. We had to write what we liked and any questions we had. Communicating feedback in a positive way is such an important skill to have in real world situations. Overall I enjoyed the class and I think you will too.