The author is telling her story based on how hard her life has been. She is a woman writer, a college teacher and she is also married to a writer. She considers teaching to be a quite steady job, but she enjoys writing better because she is successful. I enjoyed the story because many couples have the same issue while is mostly cause by the male ego. That mentality that woman should play a smaller role in the home or earn less. It’s a toxic relationship, but she tried her best to save it for her daughter, and I respect that. She is a dreamer, and she has a lot of ambitions. In addition of taking care of the child, she has to deal with abuse from her husband and I think that she could have ended that relationship faster.

Her husband’s insecurity is problematic to the family and it could have been worse. He is too Jealous of her and could have been a much serious treat. One question I have is why did she take so long to take legal action. This is a sad story, but I’m happy that she stood strong and still ready to overcome life obstacles.