A significant friendship stemmed from another connection I had at the time. The story begins with a girl in my math class my first year of high school. Her name was Anna, Anna and I lived near each other and would often walk to school together. We even had the same lunch period. A few weeks after we met she introduced me to her friend Jade. Recently Jade confessed that she didn’t like me at first which is the base of any great long standing friendship. She started to warm up to me gradually and soon we became really close friends. It’s hard to believe that one encounter with someone could really change your life.

Over the past 6 years we have done it all. Our time has been filled with  holidays, drama, artwork, school work, applications, essays, and much more. She is still one of my closest friends up to date. It’s hard to believe how far we have come from just those freshman in high school to being in our sophomore year of college. I think my experience in school would have been very different if I had not become friends with Jade. Our friendship is very important to me and I would not change it for the world.