The friendship I deem as most significant would be my oldest friendship, with Jay. I’ve known Jay since I started school, I was 4 years old, maybe 5 and I entered school and I don’t particularly remember how we became friends since its been a WHILE but in all my significant memories of my childhood, he is included. I remember in 3rd grade in math class we had huge textbooks we had to fill out by the end of the year and we’d always compete to see who had completed more pages. Since we were assigned a few pages each week it was kind of easy to be ahead. As a result, we would be ahead of the class just for fun. Our competitiveness also was shown while playing baseball, a game very common to play in my country (Dominican Republic).

When I left my country at the end of 2015, I had to leave him and it was one of the saddest moments in my life but thanks to technology we never departed entirely. We would still talk but as time progressed, communication was less and less prevalent between us. I was depressed during my high school years and I didn’t take care of our friendship as much due to my circumstances, but on my senior year of high school we started talking again. I am always the one to bring up our pass and the fun we used to have into the conversation and thanks to that our friendship ignited again!. I graduated in June 2019, and I was planning to meet up with him in January from 2020 since I was going back to my country for the first time after I left. When the time came and I arrived we met right away and the first thing we noticed was how grown we were, we laughed and started to talk about computer stuff and games. I visited him a few times before leaving again but definitely it felt as our friendship never suffered for the distance or time. After that refresher we still talking till this day, we play together, we chat and we are there for each other when problems come up.

I am grateful to have such an amazing friend in my life, he has been there when others have judged me, while he always listened to me and guided me. Sometimes I question how much I deserve to have people like him, he has been my support for many years and its an honor for me to consider him my bestfriend, companion, and family.