This semester of Eng OL02 has been a Beauty and I have enjoyed every moment of it. Every assignment in this class has made me a stronger writer and I am excited to move on knowing that I learned something. The work I’ve done early in the semester was simple and non sophisticated writing. As the assignments grew I have gotten more experience and used the flow of thinking to better my writing. Creative writing is not just known for its name but known as a way to gain knowledge in writing and have different perspectives of thinking. As the other classmates and I discuss our poems I’ve noticed that most of us have different points of view, and that is because we all have a diverse way of thinking. The assignment that I enjoyed the most was Poetry. I have never really thought about poetry until this class and for my first real poetry ever I felt like I did really great. Before getting into this assignment I researched different poets such as Langston Hughes and Maya Angelou. I thought to myself a way to be a good poet is to think deeply, so that’s what I did and I created a good poem called Fillory.

Lessons I have learned after completing assignments is don’t overthink and just be creative. It helped me grow as a writer. Early on I thought I wouldn’t survive because my writing experience was almost Non-existent, but now I can say this class is really knowledgeable. As the Genres changed I have felt nothing but accomplishments and that is the best feeling ever knowing that you have grown in a field or subject. I came into this course thinking that it would be nothing but Essays that wouldn’t help me at all and non stop piling of pages. As I went through a couple classes I noticed this way of short writing is more efficient because you don’t have to stress and in a way just enjoy learning. This Class has taught me alot and I hope my future classes will be the same exact way. Another way this class has helped me improve my writing is through revision. On every assignment we have completed we revised and used the ideas we got from our cohort’s review and feedback and used that to better our writing. My favorite assignment that I revised was Dialogue because when I read my Cohorts Dialogue I was amazed at how real the conversation sounded on paper that I can hear the conversation going through my head. As I am amazed, I think about how I can improve my dialogue so it can sound realistic and authentic and it turned out to be my best dialogue ever. Another assignment I revised was Poetry, I enjoyed revising Poetry because I can make it from good to great. I have always wanted to put myself in a Poet’s Shoes and this gave me the opportunity. The poem I wrote titled “Fillory” was the best poem I ever created because I sat down and thought deeply and the poem was based on my emotions. The emotion I felt was living in a tight space, waking up and reliving the same day over and over but just with different events.

We have done much peer feedback as a class and the one that stood out to me the most was the feedback on Poetry. My cohort loved my poem and the feedback they gave me made me feel like I finally wrote something good and I felt accomplished. I also enjoyed the Peer feedback on the short story and creating a story that was half based on reality made it 10x better. We wrote a short story where we looked at a picture then made a story based on our perspective and it opened the imaginative part of my mind. The picture was a boy looking out the window during the pandemic so I wrote about the boy being emotional that he couldn’t go outside so he called his friends to play videogames and they all decided to play because they had nothing else to do. This had a connection with me due to the fact I had to stay in for months and the only thing that helped me cope with the pandemic was play video games with my friends. For this course we had to take an online course due to the pandemic and I had to adjust because I have never had a class online and I was always used to in person learning and hands on. Overall this was a great experience for me and I was surprised because I did not let anything distract me or my writing and I have improved drastically. I feel like in person learning would help me but not in the way as online learning. Online learning has given me a new sight and working from him reduces stress. I wouldn’t have to wake up early to go catch a bus or drive but rather wake up and sign on. I would rather be online than anything else because it gave me a new experience. One thing that was challenging for me in this course was always keeping up with work because I have other classes and I had to squeeze in time to complete every assignment. I overcame this challenge by using my Time Management skills. What I would do is give a dedicated time for each assignment and I believe that it worked and it was very efficient. I don’t think I have ever turned in an assignment late and I’m glad that I worked hard because in the end it is all worth it. Professor Penner is a great professor and I would never switch to another writing professor for her. She has taught me everything I know in creative writing and I am grateful for her. I would love to take another creative writing course in the fall and better my writing to the next level!!!!!!