Everything about the short story assignments has been ‘doable’ for me. I use the word doable simply because my story telling ability is horrendous in person; in order to make up for that I push myself quite a lot on paper to make sure the reader can make a movie out of it. Expressing myself creatively on an assignment is something I’m not used to neither.

Going through high school, I had quite a few professors with a number of years under their belts for professionalism in writing. Their teaching styles had pushed me to stop with the personal nouns and what not; that led me learning how to ace the argumentative essays and the research papers at some point. Implementing everything that I’ve been told not to do on a paper is odd, but it’s the name of the game in this course.

I had signed up for this course to learn how to express a bit more. I tend to translate what I’m thinking onto paper rather well, so there will be a lack of details or clarification somewhere on the page. It’s kind of my own downfall, but it’s exactly why I’d prefer for the reviewer(s) to be hellbent on where I need to clarify or add more. Seeing where I can improve my expressive ability on paper can translate to how well I can express a story in person.

My two cents anyway, but the short stories have been doing nothing but wonders for me as an individual.