Prof. Jessica Penner | OL02 | Spring 2021

Fnu Janvi, Le Guin Critique

I really enjoyed “The wife’s story” by  Le Guin Critique because I like fantasy stories, and there was a lot of suspense. By reading this story for the first time, you can’t tell what’s is going on in the story. First, I  thought it was a human turning into a wolf, but after reading 2-3 times reading, it was a wolf turning into a human. Also, in the story, the character was well explaining like they are human, not the wolves that the reason where reader get confuse a lot. Nevertheless, the attention Grabar was really excellent, in my opinion. That’s the reason I didn’t stop reading and didn’t move my eyes from the story for even one second. My question is why the husband who is wolve in the story didn’t tell his wolve wife that he can turn himself into a human? Why was he hide this from his wife?

1. Joselin

I agree, I like to read fantasy as well it keeps us thinking of the author’s message throughout the story. It was enjoyable and Le Guin did know how to build suspense.

2. JoharM

I also thought about the same question. I was intrigued as to why he had to keep it a secret. Judging by the way others were talking about him and his family we can kind of assume why, but I’m still curious.