When I was in elementary school, my uncle gave me his vintage Casio CMD-40 watch that had a special feature; TV remote control. To my knowledge the Japanese made watch was released in 1992 and he had been using it for a couple of years before he gave it to me in 2006. It had a small paper manual which included codes for different TV brands like Sony, LG, Toshiba, and etc. The watch also had a calculator and I just fell in love with it. I used it every time I got a chance. I wasn’t a kid with the best qualities, I loved troublemaking and often flexed with my watch in front of my friends but didn’t tell anyone about its remote control feature and decided to keep it a secret. I started pranking students at school by controlling TVs at the library and in class sessions. I switched channels, played with the volume and also powered them on and off. I memorized several 4-digit codes of common TV brands from its manual, and every time I had the chance I would get in the watch’s settings to input the TV’s code.    

Every time I went to places like the hospital, a restaurant, a dental office or other places I would play with any TV screen and wildly confuse people which made me feel like I had a super power. I repeatedly pranked my siblings and family members and even made some of them believe there was a ghost in the house. It lasted a while with me all the way in till its 10 year battery expired right after I ripped the wrist band in 2014 during a high school soccer game. I was going to repair it and change the battery but I decided to give it a break and add it to my collection of valuable items. I still cherish the funny memories I made with my family and friends that I pranked with this watch.